Are you or your loved ones exposed to high levels of toxins and chemicals at home or workplace? This test is designed to detect high dosage exposure to following metals:
- Arsenic (As)
- Lead (Pb)
- Mercury (Hg)
- Cadmium (Cd)
- Chromium (Cr)
Using hair as sample, accredited laboratory is able to provide accurate & quantified analysis of the above metals in the body.
Collection kit comes with prepaid label to ship the hair sample to laboratory. Hair sample required is about a pencil diameter and 1-3 inch length. Besides head hair, other body hair can also be used. Depending on the length of the hair sample anywhere from 1 month to 6 months of exposure can be determined in the lab result.
1. Tools the hair collector should have on hand:
- A pair of sharp scissors
- Alcohol Swabs
- Disposable razor (if insufficient hair present on head)
- Hair Collection Kit
- Chain-of-Custody Form (COC)
- Transport Bag
- Prepaid Shipping Label
2. The collector for the hair test sample first evaluates if the Donor has sufficient hair on head for collection. Approximately 1-3 inches of hair should be available for collection.
3. The collector for the hair test sample cleans sharp scissors or razor with an alcohol swab in front of donor.
4. The collector for the hair test sample holds hair and cut close to scalp. Hair sample should be cut from base of neck if possible as close to the scalp as possible. Is available collect approximately the size of an erasure head diameter quantity of hair. That makes about 100 strands of hair. The laboratory will try to run analysis with even a few strands of hair, but due to nature of multiple of screening and confirmation tests that will be done on the hair sample, Laboratory might run out of sample and might not finalize all necessary testing with limited amount of hair. At that point the test results will be notified as Quantity Insufficient and you will not be able to get a quantified result.
5. If the hair sample collector determines that insufficient hair is available on head or base of neck, then sample collector can collect hair from under arms, chest, beard, or crotch area.
Please make sure to note on the chain of custody form about where the hair collected from in comment section.
6. Place hair sample inside foil pouch with end cut closest to scalp toward the V shaped end of foil.
7. Close the foil pouch around hair and place inside the Hair Collection Kit.
8. Have Donor print name and any ID number (depending on the requirements, it is optional to put full name, social security number, drivers license number on the form and the collection kit.) on top of kit. Even if you are not providing your full name, ID numbers, please still make sure to put chain of custody specimen id number on the collection kit.
9. Have Donor & Collector initial tamper proof seal and place over the edge of the Collection Kit.
10. Fill out Chain-of-Custody form with Donor and Collector information. Please use John or Joe Doe for Confidentiality.
11. Place Chain-of-Custody form and Hair Kit in transport bag, seal bag and ship to laboratory for testing.
12. Depending on the sample (different types of hair and potential test results effect length of processing –i.e. non-negatives samples usually take longer since they will have to go through more steps of testing -), results can take anywhere from one business day to five business day after laboratory receives the sample. You can change the shipping and send in with express or other forms of shipment using a shipping service provider of your own (at your expense), just make sure to keep the tracking number and the specimen id number of chain of custody form so that we can track your order in case there is any need.
The Chain of Custody Form is valid for one year after the date of purchase.
Ratings and Reviews
"Very easy to sign up for testing on-line and pretty self-explanatory from that point onward. Had the results back from Quest in less than 48 hours. Thanks "
"So easy to find the product you are looking for and the service is 1st class"
"Very good - personal email question response. A simple way to order these tests via the Internet (local stores no longer carry these tests). Not cheap, but fair Shipping and Handling. Two day delivery from West to East Coast via US Mail."
"everything was great and i really liked the e-mail asking me if i received my order ok and if everything was ok, no one has ever taken the time to do that but you, i feel so appreciated by you. I will shop there always and i have told a lot of people about your products and kindness"
"We realy like the follow up on our orders.We have never had a company do that before. Thank you "