When you buy life insurance, you should expect yourself to undergo a medical exam. Regardless of which insurance policy you want to purchase, your medical exam and history is the second factor in identifying how much risk you are for the life insurance company. Typically a medical exam will be conducted in the privacy of your home or office. Medical exams may involve the following procedures:
- You fill out a form online or on paper with or without your life insurance agent.
- A medical professional (paramedical, nurse or sometimes a physician) will fill out a form again with your medical history.
- Life insurance company will send your home or office a nurse or a paramedical to give you an exam, take measurements (weight & height & blood pressure & pulse) and take blood and/or urine sample for your medical testing. The Life Insurance Company will pay this person.
- Results of the test will be sent to Life Insurance Company. The company might or might not send you a copy.
- Depending on the results, the life insurer underwriter reviews the application and determines your insurance rating, which will determine your premium payment.
This Life Insurance Medical Exam Home Test Service is a valuable test for life insurance companies to simplify life insurance medical exam process or life insurance applicants to do pre-life insurance medical exam self testing. The insurance home test kit includes most of the common medical exam components that life insurance companies utilize such us full lipid panel Cholesterol testing, nicotine/cotinine/tobacco testing, diabetes testing.
Depending on the underwriting insurance company, your age, the amount of life insurance exams may include any of the following.
- Cholesterol Test (Usually Full Lipids, not just total cholesterol)
- Hba1C Diabetics Test
- Cotinine / Tobacco / Smoking Test
- HIV Test
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) Test
- Thyroid (TSH) Test
- Kidney Disorder Test
- In home EKG Test (And sometimes even treadmill test)
- Drugs of Abuse Test
This Life Insurance Medical Exam Home Test Kit includes the first three above. For additional tests like HIV testing, PSA testing. TSH test, CRP test, Kidney Test and Drugs of Abuse test you can search our websites other categories.
The specimen collection process is quick, easy and virtually painless. Using the special finger lancet, which is included in the Home Test Collection Kit, a couple of drops of blood are taken from a nick of a finger and deposited into a special collection card. The card is then sent to a Certified Laboratory for analysis. Laboratory will then send back to you in an easy-to-read, understandable report.
Since the test result produces a numerical result rather than a simple "yes" or "no" answer, both testing approval and professional review of test results is required by a licensed health care professional.
Please note that we suggest that you visit your personal doctor with your test results. This report is a complimentary service to your overall health care and not intended to provide health advice. Please keep in mind that results might differ from actual life insurance medical exam test results due difference between collection time, date and instrumentation used by the collector and laboratory.