This K2/Spice Synthetic Marijuana JWH018 Saliva Laboratory Drug Test is used to test for the following:
This synthetic marijuana saliva test requires 0.5 ng/mL of saliva sample which may be collected randomly or on the spot. A specimen is considered positive if there is a match of at least 6 metabolic compounds when compared with known compounds found in reference samples.
This saliva test kit includes a chain of custody form which you can use to send the sample back to us for lab analysis of the positive result. Simply fill out the form, include the positive result, and use the UPS ground label that comes with the kit to send the test to the lab. The final results will be available in 3-7 business days from the date the lab receives the test.
How does it work?
- Fill out the chain of custody form prior to testing.
- Ensure that the saliva donor has no foreign objects in their mouth (gum, candy or anything else) and has not had anything in their mouth for at least five minutes.
- Take out the saliva collection kit from its plastic covering.
- Place it on or under the tongue of the saliva donor.
- Wait for the absorbent pad to be saturated with saliva. This can take from one to five minutes. When enough saliva has been collected the end of the saliva collection stick will turn blue.
- Remove the collection stick from donor’s mouth, place the collection stick into the provided plastic tube placing the absorbent-end first and snap the lid onto the tube, sealing it.
- Place the security label over the lid. This will ensure the sample reaches the laboratory unopened and untampered.
- Place the tube with the sample and the chain of custody form into the plastic bag.
- Place the bag into the shipping envelope and ship it using the provided currier.
- You will be notified when test results via your email address. The results will be available in approximately 3-7 business days from the date the lab receives the test.
Window of Detection:
JWH-018 metabolite can be detected in saliva from minutes up to 24-48 hours after ingestion - depending on usage/dosage.
In this synthetic marijuana saliva based laboratory test, the compounds are identified down to levels of approximately 0.5 ng/mL for for JWH-018 metabolites. The test incorporates known reference standards for JWH-018 metabolites in addition to targeting metabolites that elucidated from known positive samples.
Limitations of the test:
Although the synthetic marijuana saliva based laboratory test offered on TestCountry has the ability to detect and positively identifies the presence of metabolites of JWH-018 in saliva, it is unable to detect parent drug or any other synthetic substances like JWH-073, JWH-250, JWH-081, HU-210/211 and CP 47/497. The other available urine test is also unable to detect most of the herbs the K2, Spice, other “herbal incense” products may contain.
JWH-018 is one of the most popular synthetic cannabinoids used today in various herbal products marketed as incense, such as K2 and Spice. Although marked “not for human consumption”, K2, Spice and dozens of other “herbal incense” products are commonly smoked by people because they produce a high similar to marijuana.
In a report published in the Michigan Department of Community Health, Mental Health and Substance Abuse Administration, there are 352 nationally recorded cases of illness reported to the Poison Control Center since February 2010, due to ingesting K2 Spice.
This K2/Spice Synthetic Marijuana JWH018 drug test kit offers an easy way to determine the presence of JWH-018 using saliva samples.
Advantages of the test:
- This saliva laboratory test is ideal for a number of criminal situations including drug courts, probation and parole.
- It is well-suited for addiction admittance, treatment and monitoring.
- It helps limit teen drug abuse, workplace liability and employee costs.
- It offers fast detection window of up to 24-48 hours.
The difference between K2/Spice Saliva test and Urine test:
- The presence of metabolites in urine can be detected up to 72 hours, whereas, in saliva the detection window falls from minutes up to 24-48 hours after ingestions.
- The urine test requires 10 ml of urine sample, whereas, saliva test requires 0.5 ng/mL of saliva sample.