The Advocate Wrist Speaking Blood Pressure Monitor features the following:
- Large LCD screen
- Digital display
- Systolic and Diastolic readings
- Automatic shut-off
- 60 times memory with time and date display
- Oscillometric with automatic inflation
High blood pressure is one of the major health problems of many people worldwide. If left unwatched, it could lead to a more severe threat and worst, death. For this reason, it’s vital to keep your blood pressure checked from time to time and the best way to do that is to use manual or digital blood pressure monitors.
Compared to manual blood pressure monitors, digital monitors have become quite popular particularly among people with poor eyesight. Most digital monitors today have larger LCD with bigger number displays for the convenient reading of blood pressure results.
This Advocate Wrist Speaking Blood Pressure Monitor is a small portable monitor that allows you to check your systolic and diastolic blood pressure anytime of the day. The measuring method is based on oscillometric and silicon integrated pressure sensor technology. Additionally, it has enough memory to previous 60 readings, plus it comes with a voice function in English and Spanish, which means you can already hear the results as opposed to just reading them.
High blood pressure can be deadly; yet, it can also be prevented. The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute outlined helpful preventive measures for people to avoid HBP.
If You Have Normal Blood Pressure
If you don't have high blood pressure (HBP), you can take steps to prevent it. Healthy lifestyle habits can help you maintain normal blood pressure.
- Follow a healthy diet. Limit the amount of sodium (salt) and alcohol that you consume. The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute's DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) eating plan promotes healthy eating.
- Be physically active. Routine physical activity can lower HBP and reduce your risk for other health problems.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Staying at a healthy weight can help you control HBP and reduce your risk for other health problems.
- Quit smoking. Smoking can damage your blood vessels and raise your risk for HBP. Smoking also can worsen health problems related to HBP.
- Manage your stress and learn to cope with stress. Learning how to manage stress, relax, and cope with problems can improve your emotional and physical health.
If You Have High Blood Pressure
If you have HBP, you can still take steps to prevent the long-term problems it can cause. Healthy lifestyle habits (listed above) and medicines can help you live a longer, more active life.
Follow the treatment plan your doctor prescribes to control your blood pressure. Treatment can help you prevent or delay coronary heart disease, stroke, kidney disease, and other health problems.
Children and Teens
A healthy lifestyle also can help prevent HBP in children and teens. Key steps include having a child:
- Follow a healthy diet that focuses on plenty of fruits, vegetables, and, for children older than 4 years old, low-fat dairy products. A healthy diet also is low in saturated and trans fats and salt.
- Be active for at least 1 to 2 hours per day. Limit screen time in front of the TV or computer to 2 hours per day at most.
- Maintain a healthy weight. If your child is overweight, ask his or her doctor about how your child can safely lose weight.
Ratings and Reviews
"Great product - great service!"
"Very quick response to my order and very promt delivery of same."
"Very good - personal email question response. A simple way to order these tests via the Internet (local stores no longer carry these tests). Not cheap, but fair Shipping and Handling. Two day delivery from West to East Coast via US Mail."
"I am very please with the order I placed. I will tell everyone I know and meet about your site. I will definitely be placing another order when the time comes."
"LIKE SERVICE AND QUALITY OF PRODUCT"